Collage

Collage
Fun with dogs

Monday, July 25, 2011

Coursing Ability Test, June 26th, 2011

Wow have I been remiss on updating my blog!  The only excuse I can come up with is that summer is our busy time at work and I've been exhausted most nights by the time I get home.  I know, I know, not an excuse, so I guess I can just say Sorry!

So on June 26th, we went to Cottage Grove, OR for 2 coursing ability tests (CAT).  Both dogs were signed up for both runs, and if we got these Lexi and Harry Potter would have their CAT titles.  We arrived early, set up Camp Harry Potter (and Lexi) and got things going.  It was a gorgeous day, some clouds, low 70's.  Nice day for lure coursing.

First runs for both dogs were successful, even though Lexi had a minor hiccup. 



She got distracted by the cone that marked the pulley.  I think she thought it was the bag.  Because she picked the lure back up she was still able to pass.

Harry Potter, on the other hand, had a fabulous run and enjoyed himself thoroughly.



Both qualified for their second CAT legs.

After an awesome potluck, we had a shot at our third CAT legs for each dog.  This time they flip flopped with Lexi having an AWESOME run, and Harry Potter getting distracted (by horse poop of all things).

Videos to come soon.

Both boxers qualified, giving each of them their CAT titles.  Yay Boxers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment